Welcome to Pentland Primary School
At Pentland we aim to create an ethos where every learner is:
* fully Engaged with their learning
* confidently Aspirational in their outlook
* honestly Reflective about their efforts, progress and achievements
* appropriately Supported in their endeavours, and Supportive of others.
Mrs Jacqueline Mackenzie, Headteacher.
Nursery : Moments of the season
Pentland Primary Home Learning Tasks
To access your child's Home Learning tasks for the month please click on your child's class to download the document:
- P1 Home Learning February
- P2 Home Learning January
- P2/3 Home Learning
- P3 Home Learning January
- P4 Home Learning January
- P4N Spelling - January
- P5 Home Learning February
- P6 Home Learning
- P7 Home Learning February
What is RRSA
What is RRSA?
At Pentland Primary, we have formed a partnership with UNICEF UK to promote a child right-based approach to education. The UNICEF UK Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) is based on the principles of equality, dignity, respect, non-discrimination and participation.
The intended impact of RRSA on our school community is:
- an increase of levels of respect within our school and community
- a developed sense of security as rights-respecting language and behaviour is used consistently throughout the school
- a deepened understanding and respect for religions, cultures and abilities different to our own
- a deepened understanding of the connections between us and people around the world.
We have an enthusiastic group of staff and pupils who form the Rights Respecting Group. This group meet regularly to plan and deliver dedicated assemblies that promote children’s rights from the Convention. The group is continually monitoring how well are doing and creating ways to inspire others to learn about children’s rights.
At Pentland, we have received our Recognition of Commitment from UNICEF RRSA and are on our way to achieving Level 1.
Embarking on a rights-based education is a really exciting opportunity for all at Pentland and we look forward to involving you on our journey.
Remember that you can stay in touch even more with Pentland Primary School through our Twitter account. This is particularly used to give you information on any school and event updates or changes. There are 3 ways in which you can access our account:
1. Our live Twitter feed throughout our website.
2. Going to www.twitter.com and following our Twitter ID which is PentlandPS.
3. Following our Twitter ID PentlandPS through Twitter Apps on your iPad, iPhone, android and other tablet devices.
Literacy and Numeracy at Pentland
Parent Pay Data Protection